JOB POSTING – Join the ChIPs Team!
Location: San Francisco or surrounding area
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded over ten years ago, ChIPs is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation dedicated to advancing women at the confluence of law, technology, and regulatory policy. We have the dual purpose of increasing diversity and inclusion in these fields as well as enabling the progress of innovation that benefits our society. With roots primarily in intellectual property, ChIPs now has over 1,200 members in the United States and around the world, multiple regional chapters, committees and specialty subgroups. Our members:
- Hold events designed to form relationships, educate, inspire and empower
- Bring together individuals from diverse backgrounds to discuss and educate each other on groundbreaking issues about technology, innovation, law and policy
- Motivate, train and provide opportunities to the next generation of women leaders in law, technology and the government
- Lead change in organizations with whom we collaborate and society overall to be more inclusive and diverse.
We provide benefits and flexible work arrangements. Learn more about what we do at http://chipsnetwork.org.
- You thrive in dynamic, creative, collaborative environments
- You enjoy building relationships, treating all people with respect regardless of background, and find working with people with diverse personalities makes things more fun and rewarding
- You are quick, responsive, have excellent judgment, and love to run with projects but know when to slow down, ask questions and raise your hand for help
- You are meticulous about detail, excruciatingly well organized and nothing makes you happier than a clean inbox
- You welcome feedback, actively seek it out and appreciate its value in helping to grow
- You are passionate about advancing women in the area of technology, law and policy and you are inspired by strong women
- You enjoy learning and implementing new technologies to increase efficiency.
Role and Responsibilities
This role reports directly to ChIPs Vice President of Operations. As a ChIPs Program Manager, you will work collaboratively as part of a small, super dedicated team that runs programming and events, communications, and operations for ChIPs. Responsibilities fall into the following 3 categories:
If you grow with the magic of events and all the details, we need you as our Program Manager.
- Prepares materials and arranges technology needs for strategy discussions and Board of Director meetings
- Manage database of members, event attendees, and sponsors and supporters
- Manages comprehensive planning and execution of events, both local and remote, from conception through completion
- Coordinate with volunteer organizers and manage volunteers
- Ensure that challenges that arise are addressed promptly using tact, discretion, excellent judgment and political acumen.
- Represents ChIPs to internal and external constituents
- Efficiently leads communications: verbal, electronic and print
- Design and implement communication strategy (newsletters and correspondence with donors and donor prospects), collaborating with ChIPs executives and marketing staff
- Timely maintenance of ChIPs web content and email inboxes in support of the organization’s goals.
- Maintain and produce operating and event expense budgets and financial reports.
- Maintain appropriate expense control and monitoring procedures and systems.
- Perform budget status analysis, coordinating closely with the ChIPs Treasurer, bookkeepers, and accountants.
If our organization inspires you and this job excites you, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.