Last Updated: June 19, 2019
We reserve the right to suspend, modify or discontinue this Website, temporarily or permanently, at any time without notice. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. The information and materials on this Website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information contained herein.
- MEMBER REGISTRATIONYou can register as a Member (“ChIPs Membership”) to gain access to our regional Chapters, receive invitations to Chapter events, and have access to local networking, educational and community outreach opportunities. If you are registering a ChIPs Membership for a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to legally bind that entity and grant us all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms. You must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and keep your ChIPs Membership information up-to-date at all times. You may not register for more than one (1) ChIPs Membership unless ChIPs authorizes you to do so. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your ChIPs Membership to another party.
- USE RESTRICTIONS
Your permission to use the Website is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Website;
- make any automated use of the Website, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Website or use any software, technology, or device to scrape the Website or harvest or manipulate data; or
- publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another User’s browser or computer.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page without the express permission of ChIPs. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITESChIPs may provide hyperlinks to third-party Websites (“Third-party Websites”), as well as articles, videos, webinars, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, and other materials, content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third-party Content”). The content and links are provided as a convenience to Users of this Website. ChIPs does not control any Third-party Website or Third-party Content and is not responsible for and makes no representations concerning the contents of any hyperlinked third-party Website or any hyperlink in a hyperlinked site. ChIPs does not endorse, recommend or approve any third-party Website or the contents of any third-party Website hyperlinked from this website. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Website or any Third-party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by ChIPs. ChIPs shall have no liability to any entity for the content or use of the content available through any such hyperlink.
If you decide to leave the ChIPs Website and access the Third-party Websites or to use or install any Third-party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our Terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Website or relating to any applications you use or install from the Website.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES; LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITYChIPs MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR GRAPHICS ON THIS WEBSITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON A STRICTLY “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ChIPs HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR GRAPHICS ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ChIPs OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY, AT LAW OR IN EQUITY, FOR LOSS, INJURY OR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE OR LOST PROFITS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF INFORMATION OR SERVICES, OR THE FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION OR SERVICES, FROM THIS WEBSITE. THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- GENERAL PROVISIONSExcept as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines or standards, these Terms constitute the entire Agreement between ChIPs and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between ChIPs and you in relation to the access to and use of the ChIPs Website.
No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and ChIPs as a result of this Agreement or your use of the ChIPs Website.
These Terms do not and are not intended to confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than the parties.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
ChIPs’ failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise permitted under law.
You may not assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and your rights and obligations hereunder without ChIPs’ prior written consent. ChIPs may without restriction assign, transfer or delegate this Agreement and any rights and obligations hereunder, at its sole discretion, with thirty (30) days prior notice. Your right to terminate this Agreement at any time remains unaffected.
Unless specified otherwise, any notices or other communications to Members permitted or required under this Agreement, will be in writing and given by ChIPs via email.
If you reside in the European Union you can access the European Commission’s online dispute resolution platform here
ChIPs Network, Inc.
660 4th Street, PMB 350.
San Francisco, CA 94107
- MEMBER REGISTRATION