12:00 – 1:00 pm PDT
This CLE-earning panel presentation will provide an overview of the attorney-client privilege. The panel will discuss situations implicating privilege and the best practices for navigating these scenarios to avoid unintentional waiver.
KEY TAKEAWAYS | Among other topics, the panel will discuss:
- The scope of the attorney-privilege and its application to in-house counsel and outside counsel
- How the privilege applies in matters involving joint representation
- When dual purpose communications are protected
- The role of privilege in internal investigations
- How to avoid waiver in cross-border communications
- Nancy Nguyen Sims, Partner at Baker McKenzie
- Barry Thompson, Partner at Baker McKenzie
- Michael Boardman, Associate at Baker McKenzie
Note: You may earn CLE credit for attending this presentation. Baker McKenzie can provide 1 hour of Ethics/Professional Responsibility CLE credit for attorneys in California, Illinois, Texas, and NY. BakerMcKenzie will provide general uniform CLE certificates of attendance for other states.
Nancy Nguyen Sims